"have ever been"

Jeff Prucher jprucher at YAHOO.COM
Wed Sep 13 20:10:03 UTC 2006

--- Greg Pulliam <pulliam at IIT.EDU> wrote:

> In "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan," doesn't the
> dying Spock say to Kirk something like "I am now,
> and ever have been, your friend"?  This could be
> why a fan might have chosen to use a similar
> structure.

The script on IMDB has Spock's line as "I have been -- and always will be --
your friend... Live. Long. And. Prosper."  It's been years since I saw the
movie, though, so I can't say whether this is the same as the dialog that was
actually used.

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Star-Trek-II-The-Wrath-of-Khan.html

Jeff Prucher

http://mail.yahoo.com