Pre-Loved ("used"); Texas Sunrise (Rig Red + Tequila)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Sep 18 01:28:31 UTC 2006

TEXAS SUNRISE
A "Texas Sunrise" is Big Red soda and tequila. Any early FACTIVA  hits?
_http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/texas_sunrise_big_red
_tequila/_
(http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/texas_sunrise_big_red_tequila/)

Texas Sunrise (Big Red + tequila)

Big Red is a soda from Waco, Texas. A “Texas Sunrise” is Big Red and
tequila.  A “Tequila Sunrise” is tequila, orange juice, and grenadine.

_Urban  Dictionary_ (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Big+Red)
Big Red
A soda from Waco, Texas with a taste  somewhat like bublegum but is flavored
with a combination of lemon and orange  oils, with vanilla. It can be mixed
with Tequila to make Texas Sunrise.
Hand me a Big Red to wash down these ribs.
by TKE1492 Feb 8, 2005

_Big Red_ (http://www.bigredltd.com/)
Welcome to Big Red,  Ltd., home of America’s # 1 red soda. Based in Waco,
Texas and founded in 1937,  the company has expanded its distribution from three
states in 1975 to over  forty states and
150 markets throughout the country. Big Red, Ltd. and its  wholly owned
subsidiary, North American Beverages, Ltd. work through independent  bottlers and
distributors throughout the United States in
the sales and  marketing of their respective brands.

_Texas  Monthly_
(http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:HNLruAKOnAgJ:www.texasmonthly.com/ranch/readme/bigred.php+"big+red"+soda&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=4&ie=U
TF-8)
Big Red was invented in a Waco laboratory in 1937 by Grover C.  Thomsen and
R.H. Roark, 52 years after Dr Pepper’s birth in the same city. It  was
originally called Sun Tang Red Cream Soda and was marketed exclusively in  Central and
South Texas and around Louisville, Kentucky. According to Big Red  Ink, the
company’s newsletter, “consumption of the beverage was most common away  from
home, during outside activities in the warm summer months.” In the late
fifties Harold Jansing, then president of the San Antonio bottling plant, was
playing golf when he overheard some black caddies refer to a Sun Tang as a “big
red.” After a few years of hearing that, and eager to speak the lingo, he asked
 a caddy to bring him four big reds. The caddy returned with another brand.  “
That’s when I decided to change the name,” Jansing says.
(...)
Sooner  or later though, babies grow up, casting aside childish attachments
like red  soda pop. Big Red is not much of an adult drink, in spite of the
appealing idea  of a Texas Sunrise (Big Red and tequila). A good part of the
reason is that  every bottle is loaded with its fair share of sugar and caffeine.
But so what if  it’s not good for you. Just ask any Texas kid. It sure tastes
good.
PRE-LOVED
I saw an ad in today's newspaper for a "pre-loved" Volkswagen. When did
"pre-loved" replace "used."
I can see the term applied to people as well as things. "I'm not divorced!
I'm pre-loved!"

_Sell wedding  dresses, or buy a pre-loved dress or other item on ..._
(http://www.brideonline.com.au/gowns/)      View hundreds of second hand wedding
dresses for  sale Australia wide, or sell your own right now!
www.brideonline.com.au/gowns/ - 26k - _Cached_
(http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:58h9MmaHoF0J:www.brideonline.com.au/gowns/+"pre-loved"&hl=en&gl=us&ct=cl
nk&cd=3&ie=UTF-8)  - _Similar pages_
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&pwst=1&q=related:www.brideonline.com.au/gowns/)
_Pre-Loved « Whatsoever Books_
(http://whatsoeverbooks.wordpress.com/tag/pre-loved/)      Condition: Pre-Loved, creasing of spine  and some warping of
cover. Price: $2.00 ... Condition:  Pre-Loved, some creasing of cover. Price:
$2.00 ...
whatsoeverbooks.wordpress.com/tag/pre-loved/ - 23k -  _Cached_
(http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:thviCk2WZY4J:whatsoeverbooks.wordpress.com/tag/pre-loved
/+"pre-loved"&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=5&ie=UTF-8)  - _Similar pages_
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=related:whatsoeverbooks.wordpress.com
/tag/pre-loved/)
(GOOGLE NEWS)
_(695) 14-September-2006 - Canadian honoured by Archbishop of  ..._
(http://www.anglicancommunion.org/acns/digest/index.cfm?years=2006&months=9&article=695&
pos=)
Anglican Communion  News Service, UK -  <NOBR>Sep 1
... 'Community organisations may also be eligible for our  computer re-use
program, which refurbishes pre-loved computers  donated by individuals or
businesses and ...
_Baby expo a hit for bargain hunters_
(http://www.thecourier.com.au/detail.asp?class=news&subclass=general&story_id=503470&category=General&m=8&y=2006)
Ballarat Courier, Australia -   <NOBR>Aug
New and  pre-loved baby clothes, toys and furniture  were just some of the
items on sale at the Wendouree Badminton Centre. Organised  ...