"like," intrans.

Tue Sep 19 19:26:14 UTC 2006

On 9/19/06, Wilson Gray <hwgray at gmail.com> wrote:

> Don't forget MadTV's "Dixie Wettworth(sp?)" character, who, as she
> showed off her body, tanned to a beef jerky-like consistency, always
> used the catchphrases, "*You* like? *I* like!" And SNL's Cheri Oteri
> used, "Oooh! Mama like!" as the catchphrase of one of her characters.

Wilson beat me to it. Cheri Oteri used "mama like" when playing Barbara Walters.

-----
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/97/97poscar.phtml
Barbara Walters: Matt, your handsome, intelligent, a gifted writer,
and a talented actor! Ben, your Matt's friend....Which brings me to my
first question - whose the oldest woman...you've ever slept with?
Matt Damon: Gee, Barbara. Minnie Driver is about 26.
Ben Affleck: I went out with a 35 year-old once.
Barbara Walters: Ooh, mama like. Mama like.
-----

--Ben Zimmer