mutual (friend etc.)

Chris F Waigl chris at LASCRIBE.NET
Fri Sep 22 19:11:30 UTC 2006

I've recently played around with the LiveJournal platform, one of the
salient features of which is the fine control it allows over who can
read what on one's journal. On the simplest level, this can be achieved
by declaring another LJ user one's "friend". There's also a verb to
refer to the action: "Can I friend you?", "She friended me" etc.

If I friend another LJ identity, the user the ID belongs to will receive
a notification and, more often than not, reciprocate. If this has
happened, and I browse the friend's journal while being logged in, the
LJ menubar at the top of the page indicates:

     [Soandso] is your mutual friend

Chris Waigl