trimmen - Dutch to English slang

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Sep 25 13:29:21 UTC 2006

If this is a sexual allusion (speculation on my part; I have no Dutch
also), how about "perform" in both places?  (It doesn't fit either
"old-fashioned getup" or "solicit" exactly, but both excerpts do have
the impossibility of doing it simultaneously with fleeing.

Or if a sartorial analog is more appropriate ("trimmen" as "fit up",
"fit out"?):  "gussy up", "doll up", "pretty up", "deck out" -- or
with perhaps both sartorial and sexual overtones "primp" or "trick out".

Joel