more morphological reshaping: longetivity

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Tue Sep 26 18:32:42 UTC 2006

Also occasionally heard--sometimes with jocular intent--is "shortgevity," (there are 270 Google hits),  reanalyzing "longevity" to posit the root as "-gevity" rather than "-evity."  (Zero Google hits for "shortgetivity"; one for "shortgivity"!)

--Charlie