Eggcorn or malapropism? "midriff-bearing"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Sep 27 18:06:19 UTC 2006

City councilors may press for a school dress code
Districtwide rules, uniforms considered

By Matt Viser, Globe Staff  |  September 27, 2006 [page B1]

It's midafternoon near Charlestown High School. Some youths are
hanging out on a street corner, each wearing variations of what they
might call an unofficial uniform: hoodies, baggy pants pulled down
low, T-shirts so long they come almost to their knees. Nearby, girls
are in tight jeans and midriffbearing T-shirts.

`People will dress the way they want to dress," says one of them,
Alina Buinicki, a 17-year-old junior, whose clothes were relatively
modest. ``The way I dress is the way I express myself."

Joel