preadolescent "tortures"

Peter Farruggio pfarr at CAL.BERKELEY.EDU
Sat Sep 30 18:07:51 UTC 2006

What about the card game called "nucks" (for "knuckles")?  I forget
the content of the game, but after each round the loser had to hold
out his fist, knuckle side up, while the winner whacked down on the
knuckles several times with the edge of the deck of cards.  The
number of "nucks," or whacks had something to do with the point
differential between winner and loser, and skillful players could
make that deck come down pretty hard and direct the sharp edge right
onto the edge of the knuckles.  Some players came away bleeding from
a few losing rounds.

Also, there was "pink belly"

Pete Farruggio