Safire/NY Times (request re "grab ahold) (fwd)

Mon Apr 2 16:02:28 UTC 2007

See the request below and my reply. I can hardly imagine a more awkward time
than the eve and first day of Passover!

-- Mark
[This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 11:59:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: Mark A. Mandel <mamandel at ldc.upenn.edu>
To: juliet mohnkern <juliet.mohnkern at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Safire/NY Times (request re "grab ahold)

I haven't received any phone message from you; maybe you have an out of date
phone number for me and left a message there.

While I would like to be able to help you out with this, I'm afraid I don't
have time this week, especially since Passover begins tonight and I will not
be working tomorrow. I will forward your question to the American Dialect
Society list. Perhaps another list member will be able to assist you.

-- Mark A. Mandel
    Linguistic Data Consortium, University of Pennsylvania
    [This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]