"Speak softly and carry a big stick" letter worth $200,000?

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Apr 4 17:34:13 UTC 2007

I guess this is too much for Fred Shapiro to bid. From the AP:

April 4, 2007 -- ARDMORE, Pa. - The original letter in which Theodore
Roosevelt first used the phrase "Speak softly and carry a big stick" is up for
sale, with an asking price of $200,000.
The two-page typed letter was written by Roosevelt on Jan. 26, 1900, and
mailed to Henry Sprague, a member of the Union League Club in New York.
"I have always been fond of the West African proverb: 'Speak softly and carry
 a big stick; you will go far.' "