some jazzy cites

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 12 00:22:43 UTC 2007

As a matter of fact. (The preceding is antique in-group slang for
"yes" from back in my Army career.) Well, strictly speaking, I didn't
play gator tail, siince I played the alto and the gator tail sensu
stricto was the tenor. Back in the day, Willis "Gator Tail" Jackson
was a well-known tenor man, otherwise known as the - or should that be
"a"? - husband of Ruth Brown.

-Wilson

-----