query on "what all"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Apr 12 14:18:33 UTC 2007

For a student working on the construction, does anyone know of papers
dealing with "what all" from a syntactic and/or variationist (or any
other) perspective?  I checked our ads-l files and located a
discussion from last August prompted by an sighting (or citing) of
"what everything" by Damien Hall, with responses on "what all" from
Jerry Cohen and Arnold Zwicky, but nothing else among messages that I
saved over the last few years; ideal would be a paper in American
Speech or another journal.  I just want to make sure he's not missing
something relevant.

LH