Skin In The Gane> jump

FRITZ JUENGLING juengling_fritz at SALKEIZ.K12.OR.US
Mon Apr 16 21:18:28 UTC 2007

Larry,
A reall Stones' fan woulda said "The Stones jumped after Tattoo You,"
excluding 'their' and 'album'.

>>> laurence.horn at YALE.EDU 4/16/2007 1:11 PM >>>

I hadn't encountered "jump" used absolutely in this sense but I would
probably have figured out the reference with enough context, e.g. in
the second of your two examples above; the first of them would have
probably stumped me, and not only because I prefer "Voodoo Lounge"
(1994) and the first half of "Bridges to Babylon" (1997) to "Tattoo
You" (1981), even though arguably it's all been downhill since "Exile
on Main St." (1972).

LH