Mockolate (1996, from FRIENDS?); Chocolike (2003)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Apr 25 18:15:15 UTC 2007

MOCKOLATE--18,300 Google hits
CHOCOLIKE--382 Google his
Anybody have "mockolate" of "chocolike" for food labeled "chocolate" that
doesn't contain enough cocoa? Are the terms from the sitcom FRIENDS?
_http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2007/04/25/2007-04-25_no_kisses_for_hersh
eys.html_
(http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2007/04/25/2007-04-25_no_kisses_for_hersheys.html)

No kisses for Hershey's
Wednesday, April 25th 2007, 4:00 AM

Here is persuasive evidence of the decline and fall of civilization: The
Chocolate Manufacturers Association, a group that includes giants like Hershey's
and Nestlé, is asking the Food and Drug Administration to redefine
"chocolate"  to mean a substance that's made without the traditional ingredients of
cocoa  butter and cocoa solids.
Those ingredients being rather pricey, the big chocolatiers want to pawn off
on consumers some kind of brown thing, which critics dub "mockolate," made of
a  cheaper goop of milk substitutes, artificial sweeteners and vegetable
fats,  including, perhaps and for shame, trans fats, the glop that New York has
banned.
(GOOGLE GROUPS)
_Best  lines of all time_
(http://groups.google.com/group/alt.tv.friends/browse_thread/thread/e5da3e7d4ca69c0a/f6109f24e68b1488?lnk=st&q=mockolate&rnum=31&h
l=en#f6109f24e68b1488)       Group: _alt.tv.friends_
(http://groups.google.com/group/alt.tv.friends?lnk=sg&hl=en)
When Phoebe tries the Monica's "mockolate" cookies and yells,  "Oh, oh, this
must
be what evil tastes like!!" -- Ian Cochrane  Cochr... at world.std.com
Nah...When JA
says to DS in the museum last week  when they were "getting involved" and she
Feb 16 1996 by Phaedrus - 14 messages - 14 authors
(GOOGLE NEWS)
_Three cheers for proper chocolate_
(http://www.edp24.co.uk/Content/Columnists/IanCollins/2003/030501.asp)
edp24.co.uk - May  1, 2003     Although we have developed a taste for the
confection, what we call milk chocolate should really be renamed  chocolike
because the recipe replaces cocoa ...