MILF (was Re: change from the bottom up)

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Fri Apr 27 13:52:24 UTC 2007

Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at YALE.EDU>
> At 9:48 AM -0700 4/26/07, Arnold M. Zwicky wrote:

>> "FILF" (for use by women and gay men) has been coined on the model of
>> "MILF".

> One of my students submitted "DILF" in her New Words Journal in '03,
> overheard during Visiting Weekend at Yale.  Seems less likely to be
> misparsed ("Hey, look at that FILF!").

FWIW, i've heard/read DILF before, but never FILF. DILF seems to be more
parallel, since MILF/FILF would require a mother/father distinction, but
whenever i've heard MILF broken down in full, it's always begun with
mom, not mother.

--
David Bowie                               University of Central Florida