Canadians

James C Stalker stalker at MSU.EDU
Mon Apr 30 03:37:06 UTC 2007

 From 2004
Canadian n. bar staff slang for a non-tipper.
http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/issues/05_04/05-04-drunk-talk.htm

 From 2001
canadians: restaraunt slang for non-tippers.
Example: damn justin, a bunch of canadians just sat down in your section.
http://www.slangsite.com/slang/C.html

 From 2000
canadians - Restaurant slang for non-tippers.e.g., Sorry, Justin, a bunch of
canadians just sat down in your section.
http://www.pseudodictionary.com/search.php?letter=c&browsestart=100

All spelling as copied from web sources.

Justin seems to be the original target for these Canadian non-tippers.  Web
slang dictionaries seem to recapitulate early dictionary history--just copy
from the last dictionary and add some new words.

JCS

James C. Stalker
Department of English
Michigan State University