George S. Patton's Texas Aggie quote

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Aug 1 05:42:16 UTC 2007

Does anyone have a good date for George S. Patton's famous Texas Aggie
quote? It's even on Texas A&M T-shirts, but I'm having trouble finding the  source
of it.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates/cadets, and I'll win a battle.  Give
me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win a war."
(GOOGLE)
_Texas  Aggie Traditions_ (http://aggietraditions.tamu.edu/corps.shtml)
"Give me an army of West Point graduates,  I'll win a battle. ... George S.
Patton, Jr. Texas  A&M is one of only three schools with a full-time Corps of
aggietraditions.tamu.edu/corps.shtml....
(GOOGLE)
_Texas A&M - Texas Aggie Bookstore | General George  Patton | T ..._
(http://www.collegegear.com/sf/stores/1046/p-63070.shtml)      The back's design has a
pair of senior  aggie boots and then a quote from General George Patton
saying, ' Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll  ...
www.collegegear.com/sf/stores/1046/p-63070.shtml -  39k
(GOOGLE BOOKS)
_Texas Football Trilogy: A Season in the Lone Star State - Page  22_
(http://books.google.com/books?id=AXZfASc-ADkC&pg=PA22&ots=FHjyxSNk3i&dq=george+patton+
aggies+"west+point"&ie=ISO-8859-1&sig=GdrZLgjv3OwuaXzyYZMp6toFlqw)
by Mitchell Krugel - Sports & Recreation - 2000 - 271  pages
George S. Patton once said? “Give me an  army of West Point graduates and
I'll wn
a battle. But give me a  handful oftexas Aggies and III win a war. ...
(GOOGLE  BOOKS)

_The Politically Incorrect Guide to the South (and Why It Will Rise  Again) -
Page 227_
(http://books.google.com/books?id=1samovCrW9wC&pg=PA227&ots=GAMaBdUuSV&dq=george+patton+aggies+"west+
point"&ie=ISO-8859-1&sig=hhqbv9K_caQMoxcg7yCDNK9Yg8I)
by Clint Johnson  - Social Science - 2007 - 262 pages
"Give me an army of West  Point grads and I'll win a battle; give me a
handful of
Texas  Aggies and I'll win a war." George Patton The Germans were so  afraid