Relative clauses and commas (was: Re: "certain" inThe First Noel)

Scot LaFaive spiderrmonkey at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 2 18:44:09 UTC 2007

I always assumed it came from the prosody of when speakers say some relative
clauses (the non-restrictive ones at least), with a pause (eg. George Bush,
who used to be a governor, ...)

Scot

http://travel.msn.com/Articles/aboutfarecast.aspx&ocid=T001MSN25A07001