" Olive, the other reindeer"; was Re: "Trolling" for "Trawling": An Eggcorn?

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIO.EDU
Thu Aug 2 21:18:12 UTC 2007

I have a cartoon from either Dennis the Menace or Family Circus  that uses
this line; I use it in class every year.  But whether it's original or not
I don't know; both cartoons use a lot of word play, so maybe the
cartoonists either made them up or drew from their own family lives.  I
mentioned this years ago here, so it may be documented more fully in the
archives.