Pronouncing "Massachusetts"

Fri Aug 3 20:13:30 UTC 2007

On Aug 3, 2007, at 12:52 PM, Beverly Flanigan wrote:

> You may be right on his Mississippi; I'll listen again.  It
> surprised me
> because I associate the reduction with Southern speech, and I don't
> think
> Cooper is from the South.

he most surely is not.  from the wikipedia page on him:

   Anderson Cooper was born on June 3, 1967 in New York City, as the
younger son of the writer Wyatt Emory Cooper and the artist,
designer, writer, and heiress Gloria Vanderbilt. He is of mostly
English, Irish, Dutch and Spanish ancestry.

(i think putting "heiress" last is a nice touch.)

arnold