Who'll Get The Last Ho Ho Ho?

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Wed Aug 8 15:32:16 UTC 2007

Spiteful is one way to put it. The New York Magazine article described
Imus as 'having a lot of anger' or words to that effect because, in part,
"he's a recovering alcoholic".
Oh.
Well _that_ explains it. 'Makes just every ol' insult and stupid comment
OK, does it?
Maybe I'd be OK with him coming back to radio when he's a 'recovering
insulter'. But that implies he won't do it any more.
(the other) doug
---

I used to listen to Imus with much pleasure, mainly because of his guests,
like Andrea Mitchell and other good news hawks.
What I heard one day made my blood run cold. First, that goon who needed a
shave referred to Shirley Chishom as 'Shirley Jizzum', everyone laughed,
and Imus and some of the others laughed at how ugly, old, and wrinkled she
looked.
That was the end for me. For that alone he should have been taken off the
air, and making fun of the old and the young (coeds) is not my idea of good
humor--it seems much too spiteful.
Bob Wachal