Is P.E.P. from Hungary?

Mon Aug 13 15:48:23 UTC 2007

Actually, it is "Penis Enlarge Patch", a semisolecism that adds to the
hypothesis that the spam authors are not native speakers of English.

The links and ordering information do not provide a country of origin, though
there is some evidence pointing towards Hungary (is "hk" the web address for
Hungary? some of the material seems to come from there).

In a message dated 8/12/07 7:06:07 PM, dwhause at JOBE.NET writes:

> I've goten a selection of those ads and don't think "P.E.P." is being used
> as a word, disguised from spam filters with caps and periods, but as an
> acronym for "p*nis enl*argement p*atches."   At least, that's what the ones
> I get purport to sell.  (Forgive the scant effort to avoid other people's
> spam filters.)
> Dave Hause, dwhause at jobe.net
> Waynesville, MO

 Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at