/t/ for /d/ for word endings

Wed Aug 15 21:33:14 UTC 2007

I'm sorry to see: (1) you missed my point, (2) you thought I was being
smug, and (3) you think I'm from the UK.

1. The indication "-ed" simply refers to the past tense marking in
English, not the sound.
2. The use of problems like this is common for learning about phonetics.
I have always found them entertaining.
3. I'm from Seattle and am a major merger-er.

Also, there's one more common past tense ending in English, but since
you don't seem to like linguistics puzzles for the purpose of
self-edification, I'll just mention it: the zero morpheme. It's
particularly common in monosyllabic words ending in -t. BB