ADS Book & Periodical Giveaway - Last call

Allan A Metcalf AAllan at AOL.COM
Sat Aug 25 15:54:30 UTC 2007

A month ago I announced that I'm clearing the ADS shelves of books and
periodicals that have drifted in over the years. There are back issues of American
Speech and PADS, a few volumes of Dialect Notes, other miscellaneous books, and
volumes from the Summer Institute of Linguistics. Some have now found new
homes, but I still have many on hand. They are yours for the asking, and for a
donation of your choice to the American Dialect Society, whatever you wish and
can afford.

The lists are too long for this e-mail, but I'll be glad to send them to
anyone interested. Please address your request not to this address but to
americandialect at mac.edu.

After this round of giveaways, the remaining orphans are headed for the
dumpster.

Below are a few of the books still on hand. Ask at americandialect at mac.edu
for the complete list! - Allan Metcalf, ADS Executive Secretary

Englisch: Formen und Funktionen einer Weltsprache. Universitat Bamberg, June,
1983.

Fishman, Joshua A. Readings in the Sociology of Language. Paris: Mouton,
1972.

Garcia-Bermejo Giner, Maria F. El Dialecto en Las Primeras Novelas de George
Eliot, Grafia Y Vocalismo. Salamanca, 1991.

Issues and Methods in Dialectology. Alan R. Thomas, ed. Bangor, Wales:
Department of Linguistics, 1997.

James B. McMillan,: Essays in Linguistics by his Friends and Colleagues.
James C. Raymond and I Willis Russell, eds. University, Alabama: University of
Alabama Press, 1977.

 Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at