Won't fixing the problem

Karl Hagen karl at POLYSYLLABIC.COM
Sun Aug 26 16:33:35 UTC 2007

Among some communities of software developers "won't fix" appears to
have become a dephrasal compound verb.

For example: "If you are dealing with very old issues, you're right that
asking the original submitter to confirm the bug is unlikely to be
fruitful. However, closing or won't fixing the bug does not add value by
itself: a status change is not warranted unless you have specifically
confirmed or denied the bug."

The use derives from the way issue tracking software works. A developer
can set a reported bug to a status of "won't fix."

More examples of inflected forms of the compound here:
http://www.polysyllabic.com/?q=node/190

What strikes me as odd about this use is that it's the only compound
verb (dephrasal or not) that I can recall seeing formed from an Aux+V
combination.

Does anyone have examples of other Aux+V compounds?