some kind of malaprop

Wed Aug 29 13:49:52 UTC 2007

from elizabeth daingerfield zwicky, a pointer to

   http://scribbit.blogspot.com/2007/08/who-says-i-have-no-sense-of-
humor.html

which contains the line

> Of course they asked me this while I was simultaneously rolling out
> a pizza crust, emptying the dishwasher, bathing a child and talking
> on the phone to a stupid telemarketer who only understood the word
> "no" when accompanied by explicatives.

as so often with such things, you can't tell whether this was an
inadvertent error (a fay/cutler malapropism) or the writer's intended
word choice (a classical malapropism).

arnold