positionality = "social status or position" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 30 01:19:53 UTC 2007

Sports Illustrated once wrote of a man from Longview, TX, known
locally, according to their eye-phonetics, as "Dubba-Gee," from the
initials of his name, Garrett Gray.

At the time, I found this startling, because my mother is a native of
Longview, as was her mother, and the eldest of my younger brothers is
named Garrett Gray. Quelle coincidence! Even though I've always known
this brother as "Little Baby" and everyone else calls him "Garrett."

-Wilson

On 8/29/07, Mullins, Bill AMRDEC <Bill.Mullins at us.army.mil> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       "Mullins, Bill AMRDEC" <Bill.Mullins at US.ARMY.MIL>
> Subject:      Re: positionality = "social status or position" (UNCLASSIFIED)
>
> Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
> Caveats: NONE

-----