Believe on me: WTF?

Fri Aug 31 15:07:59 UTC 2007

To me, "believe on" and "believe in" are not
synonymous.  "Believe on" fits with the concept of a
Christ literally taking on ills, burdens, and sins.  A
question beyond my ken, but why did the KJV
translators chose "on" over "in": was there a
distinction in the 17th century (and earlier for
earlier translations into English) that is lost in
modern English; do the Greek texts make this
differentiation?

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC