Low-Slung As Body Description

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Wed Dec 5 16:30:23 UTC 2007

Today's LA Times has an article
http://www.latimes.com/features/la-fo-hanukkah5dec05,0,6791657.story?coll=la
-tot-features&track=ntothtml
in which a local chef is described as "a charismatic man, with a big,
low-slung presence".
I thought that was a particularly interesting way to describe a
male who's either pear-shaped or trunk-shaped, as it appears from a
photo that the subject of the quote is.
(I could be said to fit the same description -- or the one suggesting
I'm not too heavy, just too short.)
Google produces numerous examples of low-slung in reference to pants
(trousers) low enough to reveal sizable acreage of underwear or more
than most of us want to see of Larry the Cable Guy's too-mentionable:
The "butt crack". But NO references to low-slung as a body describer.

(the other) doug