OT: Harvard esoterica

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Dec 7 01:04:59 UTC 2007

At 12/6/2007 05:38 PM, Wilson Gray wrote:
>BTW, the Department of Applied Science has been promoted to the School
>of Engineering and Applied Sciences. No longer will the World's
>Greatest University be forced to use M.I.T. as a farm club. Cf., e.g.
>Steven Pinker. With any luck and a few bucks, the 'Tute may well be
>put out of business.

In my time, the graduate school I attended was called "The Division
of Engineering and Applied Physics".  When I saw the "promotion"
announcement, it seemed like Harvard was recycling its
wheel.  (Although the 2000's "Department of Applied Science" could
perhaps have been only undergraduate -- I haven't investigated, the
"School of Engineering and Applied Sciences" certainly sounds not a
component of the College.)

Joel