Brooklyn-style pizza (OT)

David Donnell David.Donnell at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri Dec 7 17:07:36 UTC 2007

Pardon my going off-topic.

Didn't think it would ever need to be said, but
there's some amazing pizza here in NYC--including
Brooklyn. And the foldable quality to the crust
is neither an accident nor a flaw.

Lombardi's Pizzeria, on Spring Street, claims to
be the first pizzeria in the USA. My wife loves
their thin crust, but I actually find it too
thin. In any case, their pies are made with the
best, freshest ingredients, and they're
absolutely delicious.

My point: the foldable crust on (some) NYC pizza
is no accident, and it's not the result of it
sitting around for a long time.

More about Lombardi's here: http://www.firstpizza.com/history.html

Also, the worst pizza on earth (other than the
frozen kind) must surely be Imo's Pizza, in my
native St Louis. Ever heard of Provel cheese?...
disgusting!

Read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provel_cheese

DD
Missourian in NYC