Heard in Missouri: "but good!"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Dec 21 03:39:04 UTC 2007

At 10:25 PM -0500 12/20/07, Doug Harris wrote:
>Yep, I know. I saw the TV series, sang the song (_way_ too many times, in my
>parents opinion) and wore out the cap!
>(the other) doug

These early starts at b'ar-killin' are evidently a fam'ly trait:
http://partisan.blogs.hopelesslypartisan.com/item_1895.htm

LH

P.S. (eggcorn alert):
It may be seem bit far-fetched, but many city-dwelling baby-boomers
(or pre-boomers) insist that at the time they had always understood
the line as
"Killed in a bar when he was only three"
(Just google the line.)