Christian Christmas v. Regular Christmas?

David Donnell David.Donnell at EARTHLINK.NET
Sat Dec 22 01:28:31 UTC 2007

Twice today I found myself surprised by the phrase "Christian Christmas".

First, in some article about "Christian Christmas" being celebrated in Iran.

Second, my wife (a South African who grew up celebrating Xmas,
nominally Christian) informed me that some friends of ours were
"driving home to South Carolina for a Christian Christmas".

Stop me before I go on... Should I be so surprised by "Christian Christmas"?

DD
Missourian @ NYC