Safire on participles and gerunds

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Dec 24 16:43:51 UTC 2007

Thanks, Arnold.  I am fortunately constrained in submitting to the
OED to decide only between verb, adjective, and noun.

I do have one quibble, though.  What about the adjectival use, in
"The stuffing ingredients are bread crumbs [etc.]"?  Or should I wait
'til next November to raise this issue?

Joel