"Blawg"

Mon Dec 31 06:06:48 UTC 2007

I didn't see your posting before posting my own, but we're on the
same effete page, I guess.  How would you pronounce "Hauppauge", Long
Island?  That does rhyme with dog for me.  One exception to the "og"
rule--quahog.  Probably because, to me, it's a New England word,
learned late in life.  I'd pronounce it to rhyme with dog rather than
hog.  Nothing else though.

Paul Johnston