FW they're W

Baker, John JMB at STRADLEY.COM
Thu Feb 1 03:40:31 UTC 2007

        Weird Fantasy was published by EC, which also published Mad, and
"Henry and His Goon Child" was drawn by Harvey Kurtzman, the leading
artist on the early Mad, so the confusion is entirely understandable.

John Baker

-----Original Message-----
From: American Dialect Society [mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Wilson Gray
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 9:53 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: FW they're W

1950? Given that that was 57 years ago, I shouldn't have expected that I
could fully rely upon only my memory. But, WTF? The only thing that
beats a try is a failure. Close, but no cigar.

-Wilson

On 1/31/07, Baker, John <JMB at stradley.com> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       "Baker, John" <JMB at STRADLEY.COM>
> Subject:      Re: FW they're W
> ---------
>
>         According to

http://fourrealities.blogspot.com/2006/04/ec-henry-and-his-goon-child-ku
rtzman.html and other web pages, "Henry and His Goon Child" ran in