Molly Ivins quotes & "Politician will lay down your life for his country"

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Feb 1 05:20:34 UTC 2007

I like these quotes from the late Molly Ivins. If anyone has source  for the
quotes, send them along.
Good thing we've still got politics in Texas - finest form of free
entertainment ever invented. Molly Ivins.
I dearly love the state of Texas, but I consider that a harmless perversion
on my part, and discuss it only with consenting adults. Molly Ivins
In Texas, we do not hold high expectations for the [governor's] office;  it's
mostly been occupied by crooks, dorks and the comatose. Molly Ivins
I know vegetarians don't like to hear this, but God made an awful lot of
land that's good for nothing but grazing. Molly Ivins
This supposedly comes from Texas Guinan, but that doesn't sound at all
probable. Google Books has a Life magazine quote from American Legion Weekly
(about "an orator" and not "a politician"). This is not in the Yale Book of
Quotations.
    A politician is a fellow/someone who will  lay down your life for his
country