NewspaperArchive & "Windy City" (1860, from La Crosse, WI?)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Feb 4 00:10:19 UTC 2007

Fred Shapiro posted this:
1860 _Milwaukee Daily Sentinel_ 4 July 1 (19th Century U.S.  Newspapers)
We are proud of Milwaukee because she is not overrun with a lazy  police
force as is Chicago -- because her morals are better, he [sic]  criminals
fewer, her credit better; and her taxes lighter in proportion to  her
valuation than Chicago, the windy city of the West.
Today, NewspaperArchive announced that this is now available:
          Title: _Milwaukee  Daily Sentinel_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=pubid:9129&utm_source=ContentUpdate02032007&utm_medium=emai
l&utm_campaign=ContentUpdate02032007)   Country: United States Of America
State: Wisconsin  City: Milwaukee  Page Count: 547  Date(s):
1860

Indeed it is. I just read it. (You must know what  you're looking for and go
to the exact newspaper and date.)  However, if you use the NewspaperArchive
search engine to search for  "windy city" (say, all cites before 1880), this
1860 citation does not  come up!
I've been using a million different search queries  for "hamburger," knowing
how bad NewspaperArchive sucks.
This cite above (pg. 1, col.
5)(_http://www.newspaperarchive.com/PdfViewer.aspx?pubdateid=8777697&src=browse_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/PdfViewer.aspx?pubdateid=8777697&src=browse) )  appears to come from the _La Crosse Union
& Democrat_. Thus, of the  two 1860s "Windy City" cites found by Fred (both in
the Milwaukee Daily  Sentinel), neither originated in that  newspaper.