Fwd: "The sun has riz, the sun has set, and here we is in Texas yet" (1933)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Feb 12 15:39:29 UTC 2007

Besides the obvious virtue of its elegance, this
line (in the positive versions) has the very nice
use of "yet" for 'still', which I assume derives
from German influence in Texas, as it does in
Wisconsin.  Any thoughts?

LH