hoo-ha as euphemism

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Wed Feb 14 15:54:02 UTC 2007

Related to the  the "fanny" topic, I've just twice now heard "hoo-ha"
used as a euphemism for vagina.

1) Kristin Chenowyth on _Ellen_ telling Ellen de Generes to sing from
her "hoo-ha." Ellen was evidently unfamiliar with this term by her
reaction.

2) As reported on "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me", a Florida town
renaming "The Vagina Monologues" "TheHoo-ha Monologues."

I'm told Urban Dictionary says it's East Coast, but I'm skeptical.

---Amy West