geezer

Lynne Murphy m.l.murphy at SUSSEX.AC.UK
Thu Feb 15 19:15:14 UTC 2007

Here's a geezer sighting that might (?) make use of the term a little
clearer.  From the Guardian/Observer's list of 50 men who understand women.
(Their definition of 'understand' is a bit hit and miss!)

<http://observer.guardian.co.uk/woman/story/0,,2007796,00.html>

If you don't know who Jamie is:  <http://www.jamieoliver.com/>

Lynne

40. Jamie Oliver, 31

Who: Celebrity chef

Why: For taking on schools and the government and fighting for healthier
meals for kids, and for making it cool for men to be seen cooking.

He says: 'On the outside I look like a geezer. You gotta be a bloke,
aintcha? But if you talk to people that have worked with me, they might say
I'm a bit effeminate in the things I get sticky about.'

Dr M Lynne Murphy
Senior Lecturer and Head of Department
Linguistics and English Language
Arts B135