"Stallion": minor correction of Spears

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 19 05:32:00 UTC 2007

Well, WRT this particular use of "stallion," I come from the streets.
Rest assured that a woman's not "fine and healthy" = plus-sized, she
ain't no stallion. You mmight want to check out the words to "Baby Got
Back" or those to "Back that Azz Up." These songs don't mention
"stallion," but they certainly describe the phenotype.

-Wilson

On 2/18/07, Scot LaFaive <spiderrmonkey at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Scot LaFaive <spiderrmonkey at HOTMAIL.COM>
> Subject:      Re: "Stallion": minor correction of Spears
>
> I don't have the definition here, but from what I remember from looking at
> it about a month or two ago there was only mention of it referring to an
> attractive female (not necessarily plus sized) and it is mainly within Black
> English. When antedating it, I did find the cite below.
>
> 12/11/2006
> "Also Serena know she is a stallion!! Lookin damn good in that tight dress.
> Get em!!"
> (http://concreteloop.com/?p=8741&cp=all)
>

> >From: Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM>
> >To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
> >Subject: Re: "Stallion": minor correction of Spears
> >Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 17:47:32 -0500
> >
> >---------------------- Information from the mail header
> >-----------------------
> >Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> >Poster:       Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM>
> >Subject:      Re: "Stallion": minor correction of Spears
> >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >Can you supply a cite, Scott? My copy of DARE ends at Sk-.
> >
> >-Wilson
> >
> >On 2/18/07, Scot LaFaive <spiderrmonkey at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >-----------------------
> > > Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> > > Poster:       Scot LaFaive <spiderrmonkey at HOTMAIL.COM>
> > > Subject:      Re: "Stallion": minor correction of Spears
> > >
> >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > I know that DARE also has "stallion" in this sense, though I'm pretty
> >sure
> > > it also doesn't denote a female of "plus size."
> > >
> > > Scot

> > >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> > > Find what you need at prices you'll love. Compare products and save at
> >MSN(r)
> > > Shopping.
> > >
> >http://shopping.msn.com/default/shp/?ptnrid=37,ptnrdata=24102&tcode=T001MSN20A0701

> >--
> >All say, "How hard it is that we have to die"---a strange complaint to
> >come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
> >-----
> >-Sam'l Clemens

> Play Flexicon: the crossword game that feeds your brain. PLAY now for FREE.
>   http://zone.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmtagline

-----
-Sam'l Clemens