celebrity candidate

Thu Feb 22 15:47:18 UTC 2007

On Feb 21, 2007, at 20:42, Dennis Baron wrote:
> anybody got an early date (pre-2004) for "celebrity candidate"?

This is another one of those cases where a reporter sent the same
email request to everyone on the ADS media contacts page, which means
several people have been digging in the mostly same books and
databases for the same information.

This kind of scattershot request happened repeatedly in the past
year. It's a rude waste of too many people's time: last night I
turned up the same quotes Dave Wilton and, I'm sure, others did.

There's no way to keep journalists from doing it, but I've added a
cautionary note to the media contacts page on the ADS web site asking
that they not email everyone at once and asking that they mention who
else they're asking for information. I hope it helps.

Grant Barrett
ADS VP of Comm. and Tech.
gbarrett at worldnewyork.org