A triviality

Thu Feb 22 18:30:04 UTC 2007

Wilson wrote:

[...]
So, for the hell of it, I Google-Booksed "this is no shit." And,
wonder of wonders, it turns out that not only do all war stories in
general start with the words, "This is no  shit," but also so do all
*sea* stories! Author after author says so or does so. Hence, it turns
out that both interpretations are true.

  <<<<<

I've seen it (and used it) as "No shit, there I was."

And I sort of have a feeling that I have seen it used that way in Steven
Brust's Vlad Taltos novels (http://cracksandshards.com/,
http://dragaera.wikia.com/) but I can't be more precise without checking the
sources.

-- Mark
[This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]