"... and the horse you rode in on."

Ron 'Hollywood' Parro ronparro at EARTHLINK.NET
Mon Feb 26 09:59:45 UTC 2007

Ron 'Hollywood' Parro ;>{)
http://www.greality.com/Hollywood/
"If you can't convince 'em, confuse 'em."
        — Harry S Truman
On Feb 24, 2007, at 10:00 PM, Automatic digest processor wrote:

> A friend has asked me about the background of the phrase "Fuck you and
> the
> horse you rode in on."  Can anyone shed any light on this, citational
> or
> speculative?
>
> Fred Shapiro
I appreciate the discussion of this colorful phrase so I would like to
add what seems to have been a migration of the phrase. At least in the
part of the West I hang out in.
" . . . you and the horse you rode in on."
" . . . you and anyone who looks like you."
" . . . you and the horse who looks like you."
and so on, and so on . . .