Help Needed Please

Lynne Murphy m.l.murphy at SUSSEX.AC.UK
Wed Feb 28 14:32:58 UTC 2007

Dear Jamie,

--On Tuesday, February 27, 2007 12:33 pm -0500 Jamie Landers
<jme1283 at GMAIL.COM> wrote:

>  It is quite
> ridiculous to write a diatribe as to why people should not help out
> others.

What you perceive as a diatribe on not helping others, I perceive as a
thoughtful reaction to the problems of teaching in the information age, and
something which I believed we had already discussed on this list as a
problem. I've been searching the archives and have not found what I thought
was there--that's either because I'm using the wrong search terms, or
because I'm misremembering and it was another discussion group that had
that conversation.  The Linguist List has dealt with the issue of student
queries by starting the Ask-A-Linguist service, which has policies
regarding helping with homework.

Others perceived your mail as being more specific than I did, and I'm glad
you got help to your satisfaction.

Best wishes,
Lynne Murphy

Dr M Lynne Murphy