"difference" = difficulty; issues; busghetti

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jan 2 14:01:27 UTC 2007

This site identifies signs that your child may have a "learning difference" :

  http://www.readingassist.org/traits.htm

  One trait: mispronouncing words, like saying "busghetti."  Other chracteristics that suggest a mere "difference" are

Doesn't know his own strength and may squeeze too tightly.
Can't remember his left from his right...gets lost easily.
  (As observed earlier, there are no more "problems" or "difficulties," only "challenges," "situations," and "issues." A United ticket agent told me just after the Denver blizzard that DIP "still has issues.")

  Surprisingly, Usenet provides fewer than a dozen hits for "busghetti" and "busgetti" combined, none earlier than 2000. I first noticed it about 1995. I don't have it handy, but I've seen a printed ex. in one of Barbara Park's extremely popular "Junie B. Jones" books.

  JL