WOTY Candidate

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Jan 2 16:10:45 UTC 2007

At 7:53 AM -0800 1/2/07, Dave Wilton wrote:
>I didn't see this on Grant's or Wayne's lists, but a word that I think
>should be seriously considered is "macaca."

One of the words on the list (compiled from students' New Word
Journals) I just sent Wayne was "macacagate", which incorporates the
denial and attempted coverup by Allen (ultimately thwarted by
you-tubing his actual comment at the rally, as you mention).  Another
I liked from the list is "be Plutoed".  But there will be plenty of
opportunities for vigorous debate.

LH