dot-calm

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIO.EDU
Tue Jan 2 23:19:05 UTC 2007

Yes, some do this breaking, but not all.  A colleague of mine from
Cleveland just said her new high school classmates in the Cambridge, OH
area (Noble County) had the pin/pen merger but broke both to
"pee-en."  Btw, I'd call this area South Midland, not just Midland--to
distinguish it from North Midland!  Columbus doesn't do this!