The World hates Barry, part 2731

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Thu Jan 4 23:51:46 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 03:47:03PM -0800, Jonathan Lighter wrote:
> Ooooo ! That hurts even me !  But it proves again that they just don't give a one.
>
>   Sorry I missed your latest radio gig, Jesse (note how
> "gig" can effortlessly begins to morph from "job" into
> "appearance" : more microshifting).

>From 7:30 p.m. you should be able to stream it from the NPR site,
not that it's so exciting, really.

And I would have read _gig_ there as a shift from the jazz
sense 'individual performance' rather than 'job' itself....

By the way, anyone with antedatings of the dates _published on
the Balderdash & Piffle site_--i.e., including Barry for
_Bloody Mary_, John/Fred for _shaggy dog story_, etc., please
_send it in to the site_. You'll get listed there, as Fred was
last time, if you do so. If you just send it to me or directly
to OED, you likely won't.

Jesse Sheidlower
OED